Is a Hair Transplant Right For Me?
You may be a candidate for hair transplant surgery if you have healthy hair growth at the back and sides of the head to serve as donor areas.
- Donor areas are the places on the head from which grafts are taken.
- Other factors, such as hair color, texture and waviness or curliness may also affect the cosmetic result.
- There are a number of techniques used in hair replacement surgery. Sometimes, two or more techniques are used to achieve the best results.
- Hair transplant surgery can enhance your appearance and your self-confidence, but the results won't necessarily match your ideal.
- Before you decide to have surgery, think carefully about your expectations and discuss them with your consultant.
It's important to understand that all hair transplantation techniques use your existing hair. The goal of surgery is to find the most efficient uses for existing hair.
Remember, there are limits to what can be accomplished. An individual with very little hair might not be advised to undergo hair transplant surgery.
"I did my research and although I was apprehensive at the time I'm now so happy with my new look, the consultant & surgeon have been very helpful and informative, thanks again HLC."